Pages

Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Verizon 4G LTE: Mobile Data Speeds You Have To Experience To Believe



Let me start this article off by saying I am a very blessed young man. I have had the privilege of getting to know  some pretty amazing people since I started beta testing for Google. With that being said, today I was blessed with a Samsung Verizon 4G mobile hotspot. It was given to me by a Chromie named Earl. He is a wonderful soul. So thank you so much Earl! You are blessing to me and to others! 

Now to the techy details! First off, I currently crawl the web using Verizon DSL 256K. It actually never gets above 86K in my area but that is a whole other story. Enter Verizon 4G LTE. The device itself (Pictured above) is another fine product by Samsung. It is light, clean, easy, and portable. It also has pretty decent battery. Within seconds I was online and flying into the world wide web. It blows my DSL away. I feel like I just switched from Dial Up to Cable. Like for real. I can actually watch YouTube video's in 720P without having to wait all day just for it to buffer. I can have multiple tabs open and do things without having to wait. This network is bad ass! 

I will admit I had my reservations. 4G is being touted by every major company out there it seems and I thought it was all just bait and switch. With Verizon's 4G LTE all of my expectations and reservations were BLOWN AWAY. It's the real deal. I have my Samsung Chromebook and my Droid connected to it all day at home. It fly's through everything I do on both without missing a beat. 

I understand that many people have yet to have this network available in their area. I also realize that it is not very full of traffic yet. However, it is still a huge increase over my current connection and I could not be happier. I would recommend getting a 4G LTE phone from Verizon if you have it available. Also if you are looking for a mobile data solution this is the way to go. You will be glad you did. 

*I will post speed test data in a different post later on this week!* 

0 comments:

Post a Comment